SAMPLING PROCEDURE FOR MOLD SETTLED ON SURFACES (as used by Blue Sky to collect a tape lift sample of mold and other dust particles on a surface)
SURFACE SAMPLING STEPS
- Tear off a piece of clear scotch tape 4 cm long.
- Fold one end to make a 1 cm handle, leaving 2 cm of sticky.
- Press the sticky side onto the surface.
- Lift the tape, and look through it to see if anything stuck.
- If you see nothing on the tape, stick some more times.
- Stick the tape to the inside of a zip bag.
- Label the sample location on the handle end.
- Zip the bag closed, and mail or bring it (along with other info like description of the growth and location) to me at:
- Blue Sky Testing Labs, 3065 Oakcrest Dr NW, Salem, OR 97304.